Sunday, October 12, 2008

week seven

Week #7 – Tagging, folksonomies, delicious and LibraryThing

I just lost everything I had written, a lesson in saving things for me. First up delicious. I had a very hard time setting up a delicious account, but with dogged perseverence I did manage to set one up. I saved the Cleveland Public Library post and searched and saved two Bon Jovi sites. This one was no hardship as I am a big fan. I think this would be very handy for HSC students to share notes or perhaps book club members to share their thoughts on any books they may be reading at the time.



Technorati. I set up an account with Technorati, I have so many different passwords I have had to write them all down. I think this would be good for anyone wanting to keep up with news and current events or just for recreation purposes. I typed in bookmobile and got 284 hits. Using advance serach I also 284 hits, so no different. I liked the nswpln2008 site, especially the one where the dogs visit the library. This was very interesting.

Librarything. This one I enjoyed immensley. It was easy to set up and great fun having alook around all the books. I added 5 books, but I don't know how to link it.

No comments: